Date: 04/10/2021 - 07/10/2021
Duration: 4 day(s)
Venue: Zoom Online
Fee Per Pax: RM2,590.00
The aim of this course is to provide candidates with practical and theoretical knowledge in order for them to undertake the role of a rigger/ slinger/ signaller/ tagline holder.
Following successful completion of the course candidates will be able to select the correct lifting accessories, attach them to loads safely and guide the load using the appropriate hand signals and tagline.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIE
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a rigger / slinger / signaller/ tagline holder.
PREPARING FOR WORK
- Name and explain the purpose of the differing types of lifting equipment and lifting accessories, basic construction, uses and applications, characteristics and terminology.
- Conform with manufacturer’s requirements as per technical data, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation.
- Interpret and extract information on all relevant documentation.
- Undertake all pre-use checks on non-specialist lifting accessories and identify non serviceable items.
- Explain procedures for placing non-serviceable items out-of-service.
SETTING UP FOR WORK
- Identify centres of gravity and estimate weights of loads.
- Prepare and ready the area of operation.
- Choose the relevant lifting accessory for a given load.
- Explain action required for hazards, underground and overhead services.
- Secure various types of load to a lifting hook using the relevant lifting accessory and procedures.
- Ensure load balance, security and integrity.
- Direct and guide the movement of loads to different types of location.
- Accurately place loads.
- Arrange, use and comply with communication procedures.
- Maintain safe working situations.
- Carry out out-of-service and securing procedures.
TRAINER: Lt. Colonel (CD) Frank Tan, PMP, PJK, PBP, PAP was the
- Expert Panel Specialist appointed by (JPK) Jabatan Pembangunan Kemahiran to develop the only National Occupational Skills Standard in the fields of MHE Operations and Maintenance and Mobile Elevating Work Platform Operations, Crane Lifting Operations.
- Expert Panel Specialist appointed by CIDB to develop the 5 modules under MEWP & Lifting Operations Modules Rigging/ Slinging, Signaling, Lifting Supervisor.
- He holds professional certifications & qualifications in Crane Lifting / MHE / MEWP Operations and Vocational Training Officer (JPK), Train The Trainer (HRDF), Certified Lifting Director (ITI, accredited by LEEA & ASME), American Society of Safety Engineers, Society of Automotive Engineers USA, PUWER & LOLER (UK) certifications.
- He has more than 35 years of training & practical experience and has served as speaker and trainer at many MNCs, GLCs, PLCs, SMEs, NIOSH, ABM, CIDB, Local and International Conferences.
Thank you for your interest. Please fill in the form below.