Date: 07/12/2021 - 10/12/2021
Duration: 4 day(s)
Venue: Zoom Online
Fee Per Pax: RM2,120.00
Our Lorry Loader training is in line with British Standard 7121-4 Code of Practice for Safe Use of Cranes.
A lorry loader is a commercial vehicle or trailer, fitted with a loader crane, which normally has a load-carrying capability.
BS 7121-4 includes guidance on:
- Management Selection of Equipment.
- Selection and training of personnel.
- Procedures and precautions.
- Testing Inspection.
- Maintenance Examination.
Our training also cover BS7121-2, which provides general guidance on the inspection, testing and examination of cranes.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator.
PREPARING FOR WORK
- Name and explain the purpose of principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology.
- Conform with manufacturer's requirements as per the operator's handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation.
- Explain all relevant documentation.
- Undertake all pre-use checks on the host vehicle and loader crane.
TRAVELLING & MANOEUVERING
- Configure the vehicle and loader crane ready for travel.
- Travel the vehicle to an area of work.
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces.
SETTING UP FOR WORK
- Position and configure the vehicle and loader crane for lifting duties.
- Deploy the stabilisers to specification.
- Explain action required for hazards, underground and overhead services.
- Programme / set-up and / or comply with Rated Capacity Indicators or Load Moment Indicators for lifting duties.
- Identify weights and centres of gravity of loads.
- Lift various loads using the full radius and stewing capabilities of the loader crane.
- Place loads accurately at designated positions including on/into and from the vehicle.
- Explain the use of, types and fitting of boom extensions.
- Minimise the swinging of loads.
- Secure loads on or in the vehicle.
- Explain different types of lifting accessories compatible with loader crane use.
- Maintain safe working situations.
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures.
TRAINER: Lt. Colonel (CD) Frank Tan, PMP, PJK, PBP, PAP was the
- Expert Panel Specialist appointed by (JPK) Jabatan Pembangunan Kemahiran to develop the only National Occupational Skills Standard in the fields of MHE Operations and Maintenance and Mobile Elevating Work Platform Operations, Crane Lifting Operations.
- Expert Panel Specialist appointed by CIDB to develop the 5 modules under MEWP & Lifting Operations Modules Rigging/ Slinging, Signaling, Lifting Supervisor.
- He holds professional certifications & qualifications in Crane Lifting / MHE / MEWP Operations and Vocational Training Officer (JPK), Train The Trainer (HRDF), Certified Lifting Director (ITI, accredited by LEEA & ASME), American Society of Safety Engineers, Society of Automotive Engineers USA, PUWER & LOLER (UK) certifications.
- He has more than 35 years of training & practical experience and has served as speaker and trainer at many MNCs, GLCs, PLCs, SMEs, NIOSH, ABM, CIDB, Local and International Conferences.
Thank you for your interest. Please fill in the form below.